Theme: The English language
Hello Karimunjawa! works in themes. It is decided that the first theme is to offer the people of Karimunjawa a chance to evolve themselves in the English language. This is necessary because tourism is growing rapidly. The project can be specified as follows:
- Free lessons in the English language for the local people who work in tourism.
- May 2017 a twenty week course starts.
- Three main, job-related target groups are selected:
- Guides, drivers, captains, rental businesses
- Restaurant owners and vendors at the fish and fruit market.
- Hostel owners and their employees.
- Two hours of English classes will be offered per group per week.
- Per group 30 adults can participate. Within each group two groups will be formed.
- In 2017 180 persons can participate.
- 95% presence and commitment is expected. If not, the participant will have to leave the course. If the participant is, during two classes, absent without reason and/or logoff presence and doesn’t work out exercises given, he or she will also have to leave the course.
- If the first block of twenty lesson is successfully ended, it is possible to continue on a higher level.
To realize this project Hello Karimunjawa! will perform the following activities:
- Provide a local English teacher
- Provide classroom
- Set up and organize teaching materials in consultation with the teacher.
- Promotion and campaign to recruit participants
- Raise money in The Netherlands and Indonesia
- All other promotional and administrative activities.
These activities contribute to the realization of the statutory goal.